The list. The black-list. The check-list. The bucket-list. That list you keep in your head of all the outrageous, or not so outrageous, things you want desperately to do before you die. I suppose we all have one floating around somewhere up in our heads, whether it be organized or not. For some it may be more mundane things such as learning to cook. For others it may include things to stop doing, such as dressing up in ladies underwear(how does that work, anyway? Wouldn't that be uncomfortable with the extra baggage?). I've added a few things to my list over the last few years or so. Some things on my list I have accomplished, like that time I climbed out the passenger window of a truck and made my way to the bed of the truck while it was going 35-40 mph. That was pretty fun. Other things I have not done, but I thought it would be fun to write them down and decided "why not just post them up on the blog?" Good idea, right? Maybe not. Oh well. :) So here are fifteen of the things I have on my list of things to do before I die.
-Jump onto a moving train. Definitely number one on the list. This could be checked off by jumping on while running next to it, or jumping on from a vehicle. I think I should get extra bonus points if I can do it from horseback. :D
-Get good at snowboarding. Same goes for wakeboarding and longboarding.
-Kiss some random hot chick in a public place and then just keep on walking without looking back. Preferably without being injured by a slap or by her seven foot tall, 280 lb boyfriend, Chuckles, that has a heart tattoo on his arm with her name over it.
-Get a higher education. Kinda behind on this one, but hey, at least I can spell it correctly, right?
-Own and drive a car/truck for three years without it irreparably breaking down on me.
-Gain enough muscle so that the term "the skinny kid" no longer applies to me. I may settle for "the guy formerly known as the skinny kid". I would prefer "beef-cake" though. ;)
-Get married and not settle with a woman that isn't everything I ever wanted. I know any two people can make a marriage work, but all that means is they don't get divorced and it definitely doesn't mean they'll be happy.
-Raise my children at least half as well as my father raised me.
-Own either an SL series Mercedes or an Aston Martin. That works.
-become a better mechanic.
-get 100% of the notes on the song Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against on Guitar Hero III.
-Finish the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Yes, this is on the "before I die list", not they "by next year" list. I'm sure I'll finish the last of it somewhere in the last six months of my life at the rate I've been going lately.
-Fully restore either a '70 Ford Mustang Boss with a 428 or a '69 Camaro Z28, and then throw a heck of a lot of after-market performance mods on it!
-Get a credit repair business up and running successfully on the side.
-Take a trip to Norway.
So there they are, in no particular order. Except the train one, of course. Anyone have something interesting on their list?
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
"The List"
Babbled by T.K. at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 Mini-Babbling(s):
I have no list.
You could get some beef-cake tips from Trent though. I'm sure he'd fill you in on how it works.
You have no list??? What about taking that film canister back to it's homeland and joining back with the rich soil of Italy? Is that where that dirt is from? I can't remember. I'm a bad brother... :/
I would really, really love to take my children to Kenya and show them the amazing places that Kamaki and I saw while we were there. The raw beauty, the majestic animals, the overwhelming happiness of the people who are so poor, and yet so rich. I felt like I was walking through Eden there, and I clearly remember thinking that I wanted to bring my then unborn children here to see this. I hope that my children can someday experience that.
But I would settle for making it through one single day without yelling at them. ;)
Oh, and I love your jumping from a horse to the train idea. That would be spectacular!
Strait up Indiana Jones! :P
Post a Comment