So, this past Saturday my parents and Briana and I got to go up to Park City to see the competitors shred up the half pipe in their efforts to make the U.S. Olympic team. This was their final chance to make it on the team, so the competition was pretty intense and despite not being able to feel my toes and my fingers staying right at that painful point just before they go numb, I enjoyed myself quite thoroughly. I'm pretty sure Briana and my parents did too.
For once I remembered to bring my camera to something that would be interesting. Here are some of the pics and vids for you. :)
The top of the pipe.
The mid-section. Ish.
The bottom.
Watching everyone warm up was pretty cool.
Briana was pretty boring the whole time... ;)
One of the good runs.
"Sick air."
"Make an 'I biffed it face!'"
After all of that, we decided that since all our toes were cold and we couldn't see half the pipe so far back we would go into town. We found a place to park that was off the main road where parking was restricted and so that we didn't have to pay. Walking down "Historic" Main Street we saw a LOT of gay people. After all, it was right smack in the middle of the Sundance Film Festival, right smack in the middle of probably the most artsi-fartsi town in all of Utah. Fun times. We also saw droves of people waiting to get into clubs that couldn't have been any bigger than the first floor of our house, judging by the size of the outside of the buildings. People are insane.
After walking for a bit we stopped into one of the photography galeries and saw some immensely detailed, huge, nigh jaw-dropping pictures that this guy had taken. We also got a few cups of the world's best hot chocolate. Let me tell you... this stuff gave Stephen's a run for it's money. Maybe it was the whipped cream they put in it, maybe the mixed a little bit of cocaine in it, either way it was amazing and addicting to the point that I drank with no regard whatsoever for the safety or comfort of my tongue, delighting in the shear extacy of such an amazing taste! We even got refills on the whipped cream, which I got all over my lips, drinking from it. Briana decided to make fun of me. Not smart when one has a dollop of whipped cream ready to go! I don't remember what it was that I said back to her, but I was sure that that cream got all over the place. It got in her hair, on her coat, on the table, it even got on Dad. That part was unintentional. I wouldn't have done that to the man that had just bought me hot cocaine chocolate. :)
So after that it was a nice drive home, listening to a bit of the Glee soundtrack. Great day. Great day. :)



5 Mini-Babbling(s):
Mini-babblings? I resent that!
I wish we could have gone. Really bad! Maybe next year, eh? Glad you guys had such a good time, and thanks for the videos. It was nice to see parts of it.
Cheerio!
Hahaha! Trust me, I'm so getting you back for that! IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!! :)
it took me a bit to figure out who it was that was commenting on my blog. who or what is "T.K." anyway?
Haha, you know, I wondered about that just after I commented. :) It's a nickname I came out of high school with. It stands for Tall Kid. It's the only nickname that really stuck out of about a dozen.
Oh man, why couldn't they have done something cool like that while we were there? I bet Kamaki wouldn't have been so ornery then. ;)
Looks like a great time and thanks for the videos!
Also, I'm jealous of the hot cocaine cocoa. :)
Post a Comment